By George Hunsinger
Read or Download Conversational Theology: Essays on Ecumenical, Postliberal, and Political Themes, with Special Reference to Karl Barth PDF
Similar christian theology books
The early Christian author Tertullian first utilized the epithet "bride of Christ" to the uppity virgins of Carthage as a method of imposing woman obedience. Henceforth, the virgin as Christ's wife used to be anticipated to take place matronly modesty and due submission, hobbling virginity's old means to destabilize gender roles.
The original perception and bold scholarship of the eminent French theologian Cardinal Henri de Lubac are sincerely obvious during this quantity of accumulated articles and essays. an editorial of significant timeliness at the priesthood in line with St. John Chrysostom in addition to a huge research of the lengthy debate over the salvation of Origen are one of the texts incorporated within the first part, dedicated to patristics and Christian humanism.
Biblical Christianity is greater than simply one other deepest non secular view. It’s greater than only a own courting with God or a resource of ethical educating. Christianity is an image of fact. It explains why the realm is how it is. whilst the items of this puzzle are effectively assembled, we see the large photo truly.
In line with the Christian religion, Jesus Christ is the final word revelation not just of the character of God the writer but in addition of ways God the author pertains to the created order. the hot testomony explicitly relates the act of construction to the individual of Jesus Christ - who's additionally a player inside of construction, and who's acknowledged, via his acts of participation, to have secured creation's final redemption from the issues which almost immediately afflict it.
- The Great AMEN of the Great I-AM: God in Covenant with His People in His Creation
- The Holy Spirit and Ch'i (Qi): A Chiological Approach to Pneumatology (Princeton Theological Monograph Series Book 180)
- The God We Worship: An Exploration of Liturgical Theology (Kantzer Lectures in Revealed Theology (KLRT))
- The Sacrifice of Africa: A Political Theology for Africa (Eerdmans Ekklesia Series)
- The Miracles of Jesus: How the Savior's Mighty Acts Serve as Signs of Redemption
- Hope and Christian Ethics (New Studies in Christian Ethics)
Additional resources for Conversational Theology: Essays on Ecumenical, Postliberal, and Political Themes, with Special Reference to Karl Barth
Conversational Theology: Essays on Ecumenical, Postliberal, and Political Themes, with Special Reference to Karl Barth by George Hunsinger